Working in a reputed Engineering college, KIET Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad as an Assistant Professor.
Selected as Mentor of Change (MOC-2715) for schools in Uttar Pradesh and working in ATL Tinkering lab. A FOSS enthusiast. Worked on “Talk to a Teacher ” project of the National Mission on Education through ICT, launched by MHRD, Govt of India.
He has been taking active interest in customization of Open Source software like Moodle and Linux. He also worked in implementation and customization of softwares like Moodle, Pfsense and Zentyal. He has about 21 years of experience in teaching Software Engineering concepts at reputed Engineering colleges in India.
Currently teaching Cloud Computing and Design and Analysis of Algorithms and have taught Artificial Intelligence, Operating Systems Laboratory. He also has working knowledge of application programming using C and Linux(UBUNTU). He has experience working as a software programmer on a part-time basis. He also possesses strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ph.D. (Enrolled – Amity University), Aug 20
- Master of Technology – Software Systems, BITS, Pilani, July 19
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science (B.E.), AEC, Amravati University, July 99
|Operating Systems:||Linux: Ubuntu|
|Languages:||C,C++, PHP, Python|
|Other skills||Google Apps for Education, Pfsense: Firewall for managing IT infrastructure, Zentyal: SMB server, Moodle: A Course Management System|
|Document Processing Language||Latex|
- Presented paper titles Systematic Mapping of AI/Machine Learning in Healthcare and Future Directions in EASTON 100- International Conference on Computing Sciences (ICCS-2021) organized by Advanced Computing Research Society, Chennai April 30, 2021 – May 01, 2021.
- Presented paper titled A Survey on use of AI/Machine Learning in Healthcare Domain in Virtual 3rdInternational Conference on Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Leadership (ICEIL-2020) December 17 – 19, 2020 at AMITY University, Noida, India.
- Presented paper titled Evaluation of corner detection Algorithms for Human Emotion Modeling in National Conference on National Conference on IPR, Future Technology, Optimization and Management (NCIFTOM-2017) February 17, 2017, at INMANTEC Institutions, Ghaziabad. IJCA ISBN: 973-93-80975-24-1.
- Presented paper titled Parallelizing Data Stream Management System with OpenMP: A case study in 4thInternational Conference on Reliability, Infocom Technologies and Optimization (ICRITO) Trends and Future Directions September 2 – 4, 2015 at AMITY University, Noida. It is published under IEEE Explore.
- Presented paper titled Survey of Realtime Stream Processing Tools and Volume Reduction Techniques in IEEE International Conference on “Futuristic Trends in Computational Analysis and Knowledge management” February 26, 2015 at AMITY University, Greater Noida.
CONFERENCE CHAIRED / ATTENDED / ORGANIZED
- Chaired 2nd IEEE – International Conference on Telecommunication and Networks(TEL-NET-2017) August 10-11, 2017 at AMITY University, Noida
- Organized National Conference on National Conference on IPR, Future Technology, Optimization and Management (NCIFTOM-2017) February 17, 2017 at INMANTEC Institutions, Ghaziabad.
- Attended 4th International conference on Reliability, Infocom Technologies and Optimization (ICRITO) Trends and Future Directions September 2 – 4, 2015 at AMITY University, Noida.
- Attended IEEE International Conference on “Futuristic Trends in Computational analysis and Knowledge management” February 26, 2015 at AMITY University, Greater Noida.
PROFESSIONAL BODIES MEMBERSHIP
- Member Internet Society (Membership ID 692618)
- IAENG (Membership ID 151479)
- Associate Member of Free Software Foundation
- Computer Science Teachers Associations
- Three Days National Workshop on ’Koha’ An Open Source Integrated Library Software from 15-06-2018 till 17-06-2018 at Ansal University, Gurugram
- Seven Days National Workshop on “Koha Certification and Training” from 31 – 07-2017 till 06-8-2017 at Guru Nanak College of Education, Delhi
- Two days workshop on Basic Computer Skills in NHPC, Leh from 14-15, March, 2017
- Two days National Workshop on “Koha Certification and Training” from 18 – 19 March,2017 at Guru Nanak College of Education, Delhi
- Three days National Workshop on KOHA from 18 – 20 December, 2016 (http://www.inmantec.edu/event/three-days-national-workshop-on-koha/).
- Information Resource Centre (IRC) is organizing a three days workshop on “Library Automation through Open Source Software” on 28th February to 2nd March 2014.
- Workshop on Cloud Computing at National Hydro Power Corporation, Loktak, Manipur from 14-15 February, 2014.
- A talk on Moodle CMS in conf@Jmilug at Jamia Millia Islamia from 12-13 March, 2011(http://jmilug.org/cms/?q=node/26).
- Module on Moodle Deployment in “Multidimensional Experiential Learning in Teaching and Research” in AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Program from 12 -25 June ,2009.
- Attended Campus Ambassadors Open Mic by Amazon AWS Educate on 27-07-2020
- Attended AICTE workshop on Augmented Reality (AR/VR) conducted by NIT Warangal from 16-06-2020 to 20-06-2020.
- Assisted Moodle Moot India 2020 from 17-04-2020 till 18-04-2020.
- Organized and attended 5 days APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University sponsored training on “Practical Hands on Machine Learning” from 06-10 July, 2017
- Received certificate on “Big Data and Hadoop” from Edureka with Grade ‘A’ in 2015
- Received certificate on “Introduction to Linux” from edX andLinux Foundation with Honor code certificate with 70% in 2015
- Published three articles on Zentyal in OpenSourceforYou magazine from June, July, and August-2014 issues.
- An article has also been published on Moodle buzz at moodle.org.
- Published an article in Linuxforyou magazine on Moodle A Case Study of implementation at INMANTEC, in December 2010 edition(http://www.linuxforu.com/previews/moodle-a-case-study-of-an-implementation-at-inmantec/).
PERSONAL HIGHLIGHTS / ACHIEVEMENTS
- Faculty in-charge of various clubs and student forums like IT Club, Open Source Club and Personality development forum.
- My project titled ‘Image Compression using Fractal Coding Algorithm’ was selected as the official entry to the annual Amrawati University Technology Science Exhibition on behalf of my college.
- Deployed and customized Moodle (http://cms.inmantec.edu), Jupyter Notebook, NBGrader, Cloud Virtual Environment, Pfsense and many other tools for teaching.
- Deployed Google Apps for Education for INMANTEC.
- Written blogs on moodle (http://moodlelearnings.wordpress.com) and maintains own website http://gauravparashar.com